I am thankful for my family & my friends. I am thankful for the roof over my head and that I can share it with others. I am thankful for good food to eat, clothes to wear, and little extras too. I am thankful for the church I have, the people and the place I know I can count on. I am thankful for the bigger church too; that I can walk in any "building" anywhere and worship with a family of believers. I am thankful for security; job skills (Andy's & mine), savings account, health insurance, love of family and friends. I am truly blessed and have SO MUCH to really be thankful for.
I feel so much thanksgiving for what God has given me, but I have lived without, I have seen & known others who have lived even more without. I pray for my children (your children that are mine too :-)) that they will understand and know thankfulness too. How I hope though that they do not also have to experience the hard years of Without, in order to be thankful for the year of With.
Tonight we were at Andy's parents house for dinner, his Aunt is in town and his brother. They have a little kid's table for Seth and we jokingly told Tim (Andy's brother) he was to sit there. Tio Tim sat down across from Seth (momentarily) noticing that Tio Tim did not have a dinner plate Seth gave him his. He loves Tio Tim very much and didn't want him to do without! He was in his two year old way showing gratitude for his Uncle.
I just pray that that never leaves him, that innocent thankfulness for others. May we all give our Thanksgiving plate to another this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment